I often hear people ask a question like this: I seem to have an idea of what goal I would like to achieve but I do not quite know how to get there.
- Do I have the necessary resource or skills /abilities /qualifications it takes to achieve this goal? In other words, check your present state and try to identify what is needed to get you moving.
- What do I need to do, where do I get them? Break it all down into smaller steps which are achievable. If you need to go to college or get some work experience, research on the internet, ask people in that chosen area, and enrol for the option that is affordable and of least disruption to other aspects of your life. Remember that it is futile to create or compromise with other aspects of your life. Importantly PRAY for directions and helpful people in those areas to come your way.
- Be willing to continually appraise yourself. Am I moving closer to my goal at all? How much progress have I made so far? How much more do I need to do to move my post further? (Remember that self deceit is the worse form of deceit). Take very little step at a time albeit prayerfully. Be thankful for every achieved step because it is moving you towards your goal.
- Be willing to amend (attitudes, beliefs, and thoughts) if need be, especially those that are impeding your progress; and most of the time these are under your control. For example choose to become more disciplined with your time. Trusting God to help you effect the changes.
- Set a time scale to achieve a measurable step towards your goal.
- Be positive and let your dreams /outcomes excite you whenever you think about it. This has an empowering effect to keep you motivated.
- Believe in yourself and in your abilities. No one else will believe in you more that you. The measure of value you put in yourself is what will determine how others value you.
- Embrace each day with great enthusiasm as another wonderful opportunity towards achieving your goal.
Conclusively, life is dynamic and you have to have a dynamic mind that is able to adapt to these changes whilst achieving your goals in the process. Make the right choices and be flexible. With the right attitude and enthusiasm you can turn your dreams into goals. Once your mind can visualize it then it is done! Just keep the focus and persevere with the nuances of minor discomfort you may experience.Obviously the above list may not be all inclusive but it is meant to spur you on. You are very welcome to add your comments.